ECC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The ECC-Italy in Venice offers an internship program for international students with a background in art or architecture related disciplines, or an interest in the organisation of cultural projects as well as set-up and handling of exhibitions. We are looking for dynamic, ambitious, young individuals from around the world who are eager to learn and get things done, not on paper, but in reality.
The majority of our internships are Cultural Mediation programs. Within these internships, the European Cultural Centre invites people with a background and a keen interest in art, design, architecture or related disciplines to collaborate as cultural mediators for its exhibitions. The cultural mediation project has a fundamental role since it allows a direct connection between visitors and the exhibition itself. In this role, you perform an essential role within our large-scale exhibitions in your communication with the visitors and participation in educational activities.
We think that it is best for interns to join us for a period of three to six months. However, for those students who followed our Academy program, there is also the possibility to do a one or two-month internship. An internship can start on any day of the year.
At the end of the placement we will discuss your progress and together we can find out what could be the best steps for your future. Although we cannot guarantee further employment once your internship has ended, for motivated interns there are always possibilities to join our team in a serious long-term cooperation. Most of our permanent team members started their career with us as Cultural Mediators at our historic Palazzos.
CULTURAL MEDIATION REQUIREMENTS
- Fluent English is mandatory; basic Italian and additional languages are preferable.
- Team worker with a good level of social and communication skills.
- Comfortable with direct interaction with the public.
- Learning the provided materials, demonstrating an interest in exhibitions subjects and projects involved (art/design/architecture).
- Mediating between the artworks and the audience.
- Being prepared to give guided tours for diverse type of audience, tailoring tours according to their interests and needs.
- Being able to answer any questions, providing visitors with information and material.
- Being flexible, taking part of general maintenance and cleaning of the venues.
- Assuring proper functioning of artworks and installation as well as possible related problematics on a daily basis.
Please fill in the form below to start a conversation with us regarding a Cultural Mediation internship. Should you be interested in a different kind of internship with us, please indicate this below and let us know what you would like to work on, what you want to get out of the internship, and what specific skills and knowledge you would like to gain so that we can see if we have such a position available.
We respond to all applicants to let you know the outcome of your application. If your application is successful we will invite you in for a Skype interview. Most institutions will give you credit points for an internship at the European Cultural Centre. In certain cases, for interns who are unable to financially support themselves, the European Cultural Centre might be able to provide you with a work-related reimbursement. If you have any questions you can write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.